Language, Culture and More Tidbits of Paraguay

Well, Paraguay is a very nice, cozy little place. So they aren't millionaires, but I prefer that they aren't. Venezuela was great, but the pressure just wasn't worth it. Here, you can look outside your front patio door, and there are no Chavez propagandas that were spray-painted overnight. I LOVE IT!!!
The language, however, will be a little trickier, but since I already know Castellano, and will have to learn Spanish, and I am trying to teach myself a fifth language(Ye'kwana), French, I should be pretty good at picking up other languages later on in life. I'll be very well equipped!
There are differences in culture as well. Which doesn't surprise me, because in each country there are always SOME differences.
Here, the people drink terere and matte ( I haven't learned how to spell words here yet, so it may be wrong), and they have clean patios.
Here are some of the differences in words:
PAR:Vos VEN:Tu
So, if someone asks me, "Vos quiereis mas pan?" I have to translate the vos to tu and turn it into French, and finally say, "Si, gracias." It may sounds wierd, but it it is a lot easier for me, considering the different languages I speak. That is just how I do it.
Also, there are some words that are strange to Venezuelans but make so much sense to Paraguayans.

Yep. It'll take some getting used to, but, there are no strikes going on outside my front door, so it is just fine here.

Blessings!
Jayde

3 murmurs:

I'm so glad you like Paraguay! I'm sure it makes everything easier on your parents!

Hey, you left a comment on your mom's blog that you want comments! Maybe if you would visit our blogs, we would know you have been in blogland and come over here for a visit more often! Hint Hint!

November 28, 2007 7:50 PM  

Aunt Pam,

Thanks for the hint!

haha!

I will try to check up on all of the blogs more often.

November 29, 2007 8:26 AM  

HAHAHAHAHA yes paraguay is a strange "great" country

November 29, 2007 1:42 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home