Thanksgiving

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!

Today we had a DELICIOUS Thanksgiving feast! Turkey cooked by Brian, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green beans and bacon, and some nice pies made by Jackie. The food was GREAT!! And the meaning of this special day dates WAY back. Good ol' Squanto!
Here is a little list of not even half of what I'm thankful for:
-Being with my nieces
-Getting here to Paraguay safely
-The scrumptious food, that many people in the world can only dream about
-My family
-My friends
-My salvation

Here are things I always try to remember on Thanksgiving Day:
-Soldiers who wish they could be with their family now, but put themselves in the dangerous field, faithful to their country
-Babies and adults around the world dying of hunger
-People who don't know the real meaning of this day, thinking only of the food
-People who have tried and failed many times to help, but can never get all the way
-People who need the LORD, so they can celebrate Thanksgiving the RIGHT way

Think about your own things you are thankful for, and let me know so I can read them!! :)
Bye 4 Now,

Jayde

Oh, and :
H*A*P*P*Y T*H*A*N*K*S*G*I*V*I*N*G* E*V*E*R*Y*O*N*E*




3 murmurs:

Very nice post! I'm glad you realize the true reason for thanksgiving! To thank God for all He's provided! Sometimes, we tend to be selfish and are ungrateful for anything; thinking we deserve it. Which in truth, we don't deserve anything. Yet God provides us with so much. ^__^

Glad you all could be with Jackie & Brian! I'm sure it was AWESOME food!! I'm envious!

Miss you and your family!!

November 22, 2007 6:16 PM  

yes Jackie and Brian know how to prepare an awesome meal! jaja..

November 23, 2007 4:50 AM  

AWw so glad you had a great meal! and I know you are lovin' on those baby girls! Good to see you have posted!

November 28, 2007 7:43 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home