JUNGLE POEMS

"I Like Smoked Worms" By Jayde Vernoy
I like smoked worms,
I think they are delicious,
I once met a girl,
who said worms would make her nocious.

I said "You're crazy!"
She told me "You're wierd!"
We looked at each other,
long enough to grow a beard.

Then she asked me this question,
"Have you ever been speared?"
I told her no,her face lost it's worry,
I smiled at her,glad we had lost each other's furry.
THE END.

"Under my thatch roof" By Jayde Vernoy
I lay in silence,
Unable to sleep,
We'd move to the city,
so soon each day I'd weep.

President Chavez had said,
Right on tv,
That he didnt want to see in the jungle,
One missionary.

I felt like crying,
when he said those words.
I felt like I was being stabbed,
by a thousand swords.

I loved our home,
I loved it there,
how could Chavez say that?
It just wasnt fair.

So we packed a bunch of things,
some were old,some were new,
but when we boxed it all up,
we could only take a few.

"Plane Day" came,
and we all climbed inside the plane.
I did not like it.
I thought it was insane.

One last look,
At the Indian's lined up,to say goodbye,
It hurt me so much,
I thought I would die.

But here I am now,
One year later,
getting used to a new life
And no longer eating gator.

4 murmurs:

You have poem writing incommon with me!! These were funny - well the first one was. The 2nd one was a little sad. Your home was torn right out from under you it seems! Love You Jungle Jayde!

November 24, 2006 6:24 PM  

amazing. Your poems are way better than mine. The first I wrote was "The Bible is a big black book, so why dont you come take a look." And I haven't written another one since then!!! LOL

November 25, 2006 5:33 AM  

HA. well,I like writing,and I guess I got Mom's gift for poetry,Dad's gift for goofiness. I am thankful for each.

November 25, 2006 7:03 AM  

So you get your poetry writing skills from me? I think maybe ist from Aunt Pam!! I know how hard it is to start over, but remember all the good things God has given us and enjoy the new blessings. Like being near your cousins! That has beeen fun.

November 25, 2006 7:09 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home