You Think You're Different, You Have No Idea...

Do YOU live in a Latin country, when you are anything but Latin?? Do you sing in choirs with normal Latin kids, and when you get solos you stick out like a grain of rice in a bowl of black beans?? DO you?? When you're walking through a crowd in a mall, all your parents have to do is find something creamy yellow in a clump of black?? Is that you?? My Uncle Augustin understands, except it's reverse to him. He lives in an American world and he is Latin. But I am not the only blonde, true I am the only REAL blonde, but there are many, many bottle blondes. So, I am not alone. Also, I am not dark with blonde hair, I am white, well, tan like my brother Josh, but I am still not dark, with blonde hair. I DEFINATELY stand out.

And you thought YOU were different!!:)

But sometimes being different is good...

Because the Bible says not to be of this world..;)

5 murmurs:

Try being rojo, rojito!!!

February 03, 2007 7:43 AM  

I know the feeling Jayde! When I was living in Mexico, I was "bleached blond" and tall! And I didn't speak Spanish all that well! So I would be walking down the street and have things yelled out at me. It was very disconcerting! One time a guy started singing a commercial from TV to me! I didn't understnad but the American/Cuban lady with me told me it was a ditty on a commercial about a Mexican Beer being BLONDE!

February 03, 2007 3:39 PM  

PS Jayde - You need to tell us the correct answers from your previous post!

February 03, 2007 3:40 PM  

Well, at least it can't be THAT easy to lose you in a crowd. =D

Aww, I'm on your links list. I just noticed. ^_^

February 03, 2007 5:05 PM  

Going out of the house with you girls always blows my cover identity. When I am alone, everyone assumes I am Portuguese, (they mumble something about having the face of a baker!)although I am not sure what exactly that means. BUT when I go out with Blondie, Strawberry shortcake, and "Roja Rojita" everybody stares at us. I guess it is because you three are all so beautiful. I am too old to still believe it is because I am a HUNK!

February 04, 2007 4:42 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home