I HAVE RETURNED!

:)

I'm back. I had to take some time off to think about some things, RE-think about some things, change some things, see all that I SHOULD do and all that I COULD do. But I am back now. I haven't died, and I didn't inherit an island and vacation, leaving you all in sadness.

Meanwhile, here is what has happened:

1. I've made a commitment to have terere every afternoon, in an effort to blend with the culture. :)

2. I have taken up sewing, and have fixed my bedspread! (Anna claws and climbs on it.) So it's all better and pretty now!

3. Dad got me a beanbag!

4. I have become Monk. I keep everything organized and I straighten and tidy things on a whim. YAY!

5. I started reading the Royal Diaries.

The Royal Diaries!! I have 4. 1. Cleopatra VII. 2. Anastasia. 3. Queen Victoria. 4. Queen Elizabeth. The creepiest one was Anastasia's. The last page is the same night the family was kidnapped.
Here is how it goes:

I could not sleep, so I sit here writing this at a very late hour.
My chamber is dark, but I've a small candle to my left which allows me to read and write as I please.
As soon as I've written this, I shall try to get back to sleep.
Wait. I hear someone in the hallway. Perhaps I am not the only one awake.
Oh, dear. It's--*ink splot*, *wrinkled page *


CONCLUSION: She was taken before she could finish, and she dropped the book on the floor on her way out.

You can imagine the chills I got when I read that. I turned the page and that was the end. The very last entry of her diary wasn't even finished.
Her life and what happened to her and her family intrigues me. I started writing a story once, about a girl from today who goes back and rescues the family. :) I have to find that.

Isn't it creepy, though? Gave me the goosebumps.

0.o ...O.0...0.o...

My beanbag is gorgeous. So is my terere kit!! I love it.

There are some things you should know about terere.
Many people avoid it because it looks like dead grass. They judge the book by it's cover. ;)

The first few sips are awful. Bitter and nasty, but as soon as you clear out the loose herb it's a delicious, minty, cold drink.

Paraguayans never drink it with meals. It's made for hot afternoons.

:)

I will take pictures of my terere kit AND my beanbag soon. Just chill.
BACK!! BACK, YOU ANIMALS! * imitates whip cracking *

:)

Bye!

9 murmurs:

We missed you !!

Actually you were on a secret snow fort recon and will soon forward all the intel for my next attack.

Can you teach me how to thread my sewing machine ?

January 06, 2009 1:24 PM  

Hey cuzin missed ya,sort of?Maybe?IDK!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol jk.

January 06, 2009 5:08 PM  

This comment has been removed by the author.

January 07, 2009 4:48 AM  

Hey, you're here! Now that you're here you can comment on my blog, right! :D
Cuz that would make me feel better after what happened to Paulipops. :'( poor paulipops
I got a new computer and season 5 of Monk. :P I tried to straighten out my lamp shade today. It bothered me.

January 07, 2009 4:49 AM  

I've read the Royal Diaries too! They're pretty good, and Anastasia is one of my favorites. I have a few others, but can't remember their names.

January 07, 2009 11:27 AM  

I love the royal diaries. I'm glad you like them too. I miss you.ttyl

January 07, 2009 11:51 AM  

YOU'RE BACK!! *hugs*
*jumps up and down*
YAY!
I think it's cool that you checked on your priorities, but you could've told us you were leaving!
Hrmph.
I've read the Cleopatra royal diary before! 'Twas good. The Anastasia one does sound rather creepy though.
*chills*

January 07, 2009 3:26 PM  

You say SHE'S back and did I read she organizes and tidies on impulse! Where is my niece and what did you do with her?????

January 07, 2009 8:50 PM  

Welcome back! That is good that you are spending some time doing productive things like drink terere. :-)

January 08, 2009 6:53 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home