Spiritual Sunday

I was reading my Bible this morning and came across a GREAT, WELL-KNOWN verse, perfect for every-day guidance. I decided to share my favorite verses today. With you.
Proverbs 25:11. That a word fitly spoken can have a GREAT impact on someone who needs it.

Joshua 24:15. That no matter what happens, no matter who everyone else serves, we will serve the Lord.

Proverbs 27:17. We need to sharpen our friends, and have them sharpen us, because they are our friends, they can help make us a better person.

Philippians 4:4. We need to be glad that we can praise God. We need to have joy for God. We need to rejoice in His name!

Thessalonians 2:20. The Indians were our glory and joy. Our family and friends that meant so much to us, and we know we will see them again, because they accepted us and let us preach and live there.

Yes, the infamous, John 3:16 is also a favorite of mine. We need to be glad that Jesus paid for our sins, and return the favor by giving our all to Him.

And some other reference, I'll have to find it later, says Jesus Wept. Two words, but they have a very very powerful meaning. He wept. Just like us, only for many more reasons. We need to pray for souls, not just people we know, but people we DON'T know. They deserve to hear it, too. He died for everyone. Not just me and you, but the entire world.

Enjoy. And Happy Spiritual Sunday! :)

1 murmurs:

Great verses sweetie. I love Pro. 27:17. I remember trying to instill that into Josh's head in our devotions on many occassions. I pray he will recall that verse. I think I will jot it down to job his memory! Thanks!

May 26, 2008 12:39 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home