O, CHRISTMAS TREE, O CHRISTMAS TREE, HOW NAKED ARE YOUR BRANCHES!

I'm upset.
The tradition has flopped.
We always, ALWAYS, A-L-W-A-Y-S have the tree decorated and set up all in one day. This year, we were stopped.
We have no 2-20 Christmas-tree lights.
Nobody wanted to go out and buy some.
So we couldn't.
Now the tree sits in the living-room, clear of any decorations. Gone. No ornaments. No lights. No Santa boots under the tree.
Why?
I'm still wondering myself. I know I sound sort of crabby, but I hate breaking traditions! So sue me!
I don't care...
BAH HUMBUG!

But I have good news. Dad says we will continue work on the tree tomorrow...I'm just sad...I was so looking forward to laying under the tree, and looking up at all the pretty, shiny ornaments and lights.
Even when I'm an adult I'll still do that.
I guess I'm bummed...
I just can't wait for tomorrow! We will resume the fun!! WOO!
I'm going to decorate my bedroom. I will make little paper cones and decorate them to look like mini-trees.
I have named the geckos in the bathroom! HURRAH! With the help of Netsirk, they are now called Marina and Marlow.
WOO!
Also. Anyone who has a Santa hat, LISTEN UP!
I have created a tradition. I wear my Santa hat all December long. All day, every day. UNLESS WE GO PLACES.
Please join me. It's lots of fun!
:)
Now, I had best be going. Check this out:
www.frozenmomentsoflife.blogspot.com

bye bye!

5 murmurs:

Hey You! I'm glad you love traditions. I do too! I find comfort in them. I don't think you were old enough to remember at the time, but once when your brother was staying at our our house for a week or so, we put up our tree. He and my Josh played with thier GIJOes in it all day! By the end of the day, all kinds of things were in that tree, and not ornaments!

December 01, 2008 11:29 PM  

Ah, poor tree! It's probably embarrassed.
Have fun decking the halls tomorrow!

December 02, 2008 12:08 AM  

Poor youz. :(
Go to Bluey's blog and watch the first video. It'll make you feel better. :)

December 02, 2008 4:46 AM  

I hate Naked trees.....

December 05, 2008 9:03 AM  

Is that tree still naked or has the crisis ended?

December 05, 2008 2:27 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home