Black Friday

It is time.
Black Friday was today. Sales. Sales everywhere. Gift wrap, gifts, stores were screaming my name. Thanksgiving was wonderful, but it is now time to prepare for Christmas.
I did some MAJOR shopping today. I bought little lady bug clips for McCel, a little pink purse for McCab, a black bangle bracelet for Lenma, a _____ for McCja, ______ for Mom, and a _____ for Verje. I have yet to buy Daddy something. But I know exactly what I'm gettin' him.
If anyone dares to enter my room tonight they will wish they were never born. NOBODY comes in my room anywhere near Christmas! Why? I'll tell you why.
Because I'm wrapping presents and I hate it when someone finds out what they are before Christmas, that's why!
I bought some pretty purple wrapping paper and silver wrapping paper to wrap my gifts. That way everyone knows they're from me.
I was browsing like crazy today. I had so much fun! I now know the true meaning of shop-til-you-drop, because I'm exhausted. But I will NOT rest until all of my presents are wrapped up and hidden away. Only then can I rest.
Verje is a snoop. Daddy would find out. In fact, I still have YET to buy him something. I know exactly where it is, though. And how much it is. And I shall buy it, because I know he'll love it.
I was about to spend the money I was given for today, all on me, to buy myself a pretty termo as soon as I bought everyone else stuff.
Then I realized that out of all times of the year, Christmas is the LEAST great a time to think of yourself.
So I bought everyone something. And, sure, I don't have the pretty termo I wanted. I'll survive. I've made a commitment. I will give more than I get this year. That's what Jesus intended.
I'm going to make everyone GIMP creations, too.
NO ONE COME IN MY ROOM.
STAY OUT.
I'm going to make a sign for my door.
I think I'm going to make some decorations for my room. Wouldn't that be neat? I know how to make paper snowflakes, and I have lots of nice candles, and a little fat snowman named Fred, and a bunch of ribbon. I shall.
Email me if you want to know what I got everyone. I feel a bit sad about Mom's gift, because..I don't feel it's all that special as the others are. But I know she'll love it. And maybe I'll find something at the last minute.
Now I'm off before Verje peeks in my room and sees the mess of tape, bows, ribbon and wrapping paper!

Bye!

5 murmurs:

Funny... I went to two stores (Best Buy and Target), and that was it... and I didn't even buy anything. All I did was look at stuff while a missionary friend was looking for an MP3 player, and helped him find it...

You didn't get me anything, did you?

November 28, 2008 8:52 PM  

Hrmph. I've never gone shopping on Black Friday. I never even heard of Black Friday until yesterday!
>:-(
Anyway lucky you. I hasn't shopped for Christmas presents yet. D:

November 29, 2008 3:15 AM  

I LOVE BLACK FRIDAY AND ONLY A WEEK BEFORE MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOOHOO!

November 29, 2008 12:57 PM  

Is Black Friday in Paraguay like Black Friday in the US?

November 30, 2008 11:20 AM  

Sounds like you had fun. Have a happy Christmas!

Later. Jonathan.

December 01, 2008 2:14 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home