Jet Lag (Thanks for the idea, Phika!)

Missionaries and their children understand completely what I am talking about.
It is the feeling that you get after you have been on an airplane for a long period of time. Such as, five hours, seven hours, or in our case, (Paraguay), twelve hours with layovers.
It is the feeling that you get when you long to lay down in a bed and sleep for days. When you wish you could sleep like the little babies you see in the airport, so peacefully.

When you get off the plane, and so many feelings and questions hit you like a gust of hot air getting out of an air- conditioned vehicle. Believe me, I know...
Mostly, these emotions are:
I'm so tired
Where am I again
Are we there yet
Can we stop
or my personal favorite:
I AM SO DONE.

Time zones are either behind or ahead but to you they are messed up, and seem to float around in your head.
You are clearly done.

It's when you are allowed to stop and rest and you spend it writing hate notes to the airplane, and wishing you never have to see it again.

When you wonder, why is it people find this exciting? What kind of person wishes they could fly around the world like this?

And it's the feeling when you appreciate your bed when you reach your destination.

Know what I mean?

1 murmurs:

I totally understand! I love the thrill of taking off and landing even tho it scares the crap outa me but then I get sick and Mom wakes me up and tells me to eat and nothing's comfortable and people are talking really loud...

July 13, 2008 5:55 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home