Ahh... A New Year...

I love starting a new year. There is just something about feeling motivated and fresh. We started New Years same as 98% of America's population. You know the drill: Watch the ball drop in Times Square, yell 'HAPPY NEW YEAR!!' Shoot fireworks, play crazy games and eat delicious appetizers like nachos and cookies. We did that. Then, yesterday I got my very own brand new bedspread at JCPenney's. And was an eye-witness of a robbery! I was standing there with my mom while my dad and my sister brought the car up close to the door so that we didn't have to walk all the way through 42 degree weather. Two young girls stood near the store alarm near the main entrance and one called on her cellphone. I know what you're thinking: Nothing different there. Teenagers live on cellphones, big deal, Jayde! Well, wait! Then, a car pulled up and, clutching their EXTREMELY huge coats (stuffed with goodies, I would imagine), they ran through the front door and set the beeper going about 4 times. If I hadn't been in shock, I would have chased them or something, but there I stood dumbfounded. Watching as they ran and jumped in the car. Wow!

Great way to start the new year. It drives me nuts how people think they can just steal something! I've even seen things in Wal-Mart! People just rip the silver tags off of a cute piece of jewelry and walk right out. Right passed me! I usually glare at them and they glare back. But, MAN!!!

In Venezuela, I watched as a man pulled his computer lap-top into the airport. He handed it to his daughter who was sleepy-eyed and tired. (I don't blame her. It was 3:30 in the morning!) He said clearly, "Cuida esto, y no miras a ninguna otra cosa!" For those of you who don't have any idea what I said and are reading that phrase over and over again with blank faces, that means "Watch this, and don't look at anything else!" Clear words, right? Well, unfortunately, she didn't seem to care, leaned and fell back on a suitcase and went to sleep! I watched as a man with a striped shirt on walked inside. He looked around for a minute. Then waved to absolutely no one in the hallway. Wierd. Then he walked right next to the girl, pretended to look at his watch, (which he wasn't wearing) waited a few minutes, picked up the bag and walked right out the door to a black car waiting for him, and climbed right inside. Who do people think they are!?


I have a lot of resolutions. For those of you who know me, know that I am not the neatest person in the world. I can just picture my mom and Jackie saying, "DUH! I had to live with you all your life!"
My First Resolution is : Keep my things tidy.

My Second Resolution is : Do better in my math. (Probably won't happen, but, hey, it's worth a try!)

My Third Resolution is : (You'll LOVE this one!) To blog more!

I hope I can keep them...

I mentioned earlier the cutest bedspread. Here It Is!!!


Well. Happy New Year! : )

2 murmurs:

I am so glad we found the sale!!!

January 03, 2008 5:14 PM  

Good resolutions! I forgot to make some.O.o

I know, isn't it sad how little they think of stealing? It's nothing to them, really...

January 05, 2008 11:23 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home