Be Nice To Your Siblings Day!

I created it. If you want to, you can join in the fun and be nice to your sibling! Wake him/her up with coffee, make their bed, give them a big hug, the point is to show them how much you care about them. Siblings fight. Hey, God has a sense of humor. They show love to you in sometimes odd ways, but nevertheless they love you! In this house, jumping around the corner to scare your sibling's socks off, is considered love. Changing the alarm clock to 3:30 AM when it should be set to 7:00 AM is also considered love. We don't always show love to our siblings. Today is the day to make it up to them. I highly recommend that you wait until at least 1:00 to take them some coffee or do loud Saturday chores. Better safe than sorry! : )
Older siblings, younger siblings, show them how much you care! They are a part of your family, whether you like it or not, and your family deserves as much love as they can get from you! Don't save it all for the Holidays! Give them a hug or a smile at least once a day! I have done this:
-Brought Jewel coffee. (A little early for her liking, so I just walked out silently, popped it in the microwave and waited for her to come out when she was ready.)
I Plan To:
-Make her bed.
-Give her a lot of hugs.
-Scare her when she comes out of the bathroom.
-Clean my areas of the room. (That is a BIG treat to her.)
-Dive-bomb her feet when she walks around the kitchen corner.
-Dust her things.
-Write her a nice, long Happy Sibling Day email.

That is what I hope to be able to accomplish today. Sure, I might die in the midst of doing some of the things, but I'll die showing my sisterly love! LOL! JUST KIDDING!
So, what do you think you'll do for Sibling Day? C'mon, youngest siblings. Who knows our siblings better than we do? We know their fears! We know their favorite thing! Maybe something you can do for them is just give them a bright, happy hug. EVERYONE loves hugs! Give them all-day access to the television. All day access to the computer. There are all sorts of things you can do!
Fix them a special snack. Tackle them to the ground when they come around a corner. I quote the Campbell's chicken noodle soup commercial : Possibilities!
The point is to show them you love them in the best way you can think of. Good Luck and Have Fun!
(You can copy my goals for the day, but try a LITTLE bit to be original! ;)

HAPPY SIBLING DAY!!!!! I DECLARE JANUARY 19th SIBLING DAY!!
YAY!! * cuts ribbon*
YAY!!!

Love!

Jayde

4 murmurs:

Uh...please dont tackle me to the ground...sounds painful.
Happy Sibling day to you!

January 19, 2008 9:58 AM  

I like this idea!! And the scare her as she comes out of the bathroom is a classic!! Holy cow, girl! I had no idea who you were when you commented!! LOL shocked me for a second!! I like the new layout!! ^_^

January 19, 2008 11:37 AM  

I LOVE this idea! My younger siblings must not have read this, I haven't heard from them all day! Alas. I guess I should call them both and tell them I love them and am thinking of them first, so that I am setting the example as an older sibling!
Love YOu
Do you think you can come over for a stay over Fri??

January 19, 2008 5:05 PM  

Oh, so you've copied my idea of making up holidays, have you?? Well good for you! I aim someday to make every day a holiday. For me at least. Anyway Sibling Day is a little hard for me with the grumpiest, most hermit-y sibling ever. I missed Sibling Day anyawy because I couldn't get online...details at http://www.chocoholicmk.blogspot.com

January 21, 2008 3:19 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home