Devotions and Today

I woke up today, church was nice. Funny, yet clear sermon. Pastor J preaches very well. Afterwards, I came back home, and meditated. I read my Bible, and took notes of what I read, in my brand new "It's Personal! Daily Journal" that my dad got for me, my sister and himself. Sadly, we have been delaying in family and personal devotions, and he has been wanting to fix that, so when he got the chance, he bought those journals. It includes reading a Proverbs every day, and two other books of your choice in the Bible. I am doing Genesis and John. Very good books. After you read, and write down your insight of what you read, it has a time for discipleship. I haven't been doing that, but, it has a place for that day's subject and note spaces. Then, it goes on to writing down you prayer requests, praises, forgiveness and safety. I fill those spaces to the rim, and included, are "family and friends" so, I am, indeed praying for everyone that I know. Anyways, after prayer, it has a time for counsel, in which you write a question you are seeking wisdom with, or a subject that you would like to talk about with your discipler or counselor (yes, I DID spell wierd words...), and it keeps going, to a place to write how God convicted or led you yesterday, and whom you can encourage. It is a great book. I like it. I have made a resolution that I will do it EVERY single day, unless, of course, I get struck by lightning, (oops. I probably shouldn't have said that...now it's gonna happen to me...great..LOL!JK!) or am unable. I try to do it every morning, but sometimes, I do them at night just because. Jewel hasn't written or done hers yet, but, then again, she hasn't had the time to.... I highly recommend this little book. It is called, 'It's Personal! Daily Journal by Steve Curington' And I know that you will have no regret if you get one..They are terrific... Be sure to read my post below, and leave comments, and I will try my best to return the favor!
PLEASE BE COMMENT-Y!
Bye

2 murmurs:

Really? thats cool! i should get a little devotional like that... do you know if they are expensive or cheap?? thanks..! And yeah i think you can see my being unconfortable at the party. LOL :D

January 28, 2008 7:34 AM  

wow that's awesome!! I'd love to have something neat like that!! it certainly does help you to not only keep on track, but to be able to dig deep and get something out of your Bible reading. ^__^

January 29, 2008 2:54 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home