AFK!

I haven't really blogged for a bit. You know that. So much has been going on! We start all school next week, and I started math this week...Blaaaaaaaaaaah...I hate it. It's like a very very VERY foreign language to me--- I don't understand it! It's like Martian or something--or--it looks like something that robots will speak in the future! THAT, my friends, is creepy. It gives me a headache! Mom has me doing a whole lesson every day. That's 6 pages. And it made my brain fry this morning, (but, I know I need it. I love you, Mom. Thanks for not sugar-coating it. Seriously, thank you) To the point where I spilled water on the floor, felt like I was going to explode with x, %, =, and +. I had a headache all morning!! I made the mistake of SHOWING it, though.
Jewel is going to make banana-bread this afternoon, and tonight we have a teen-meet at McCbr and McCJa's house. I can't wait!
The pool is nice finally, so I will go swimming soon. People are outside fixing the air-conditioner now, though. So I'll wait.
I have taken up a really cool hobby! Nature Journaling! Where you sit outside with a blank notebook, and draw and write about everything you see! It really relaxes me. I am also doing a 30-day-challenge devotional, and it is amazing. I feel SO much closer to God. I know it'll help me. I mean, we all fail in Bible-reading one time or another. And praying. Today I learned about thirsting for God. And then I realized I haven't read my Bible in like two weeks! I've prayed, sure, and I'm singing at church now, but not reading my Bible in two weeks?
No wonder I'm thirsty. So yeah, it's really helped.
I love my room! I put a poster that my friends made for me in Venezuela, before we left, and it is a HUGE piece of paper, with individual notes from each of them on it. And it says my name at the top in purple. FUNNY, the purple in my name matches my bed-sheets perfectly! So, I put it up above my bed!
I'm gonna paint ONE wall turquoise. I can't wait! It's gonna look so pretty!
My bookshelf is up. Good thing, too. Cause I have a L O T of books. I devour books. My whole family does.
I took a big step today. Maybe it isn't so big for you as it was for me, but...
I left the house. Alone. To go buy some Coke...--And nothing happened! Maybe it doesn't surprise you, and you're thinking I'm such a baby, but, living in Venezuela, I was NEVER allowed to leave the house alone. I'd get shot! Or kidnapped! Or---well, let's just say, you'd never see me again! THAT is why it was so scary for me. But, I know realize that Paraguay is different. It's peaceful and calm. People walked by me, saw my clueless expression and asked me how I was and if I needed help finding anything. So sweet! In Venezuela, I'd be pushed into a car. And blind-folded. And, probably killed. But they were asking how I was! And offering their help!
So, now that I know my way around and that I don't HAVE to be afraid, as everyone here in the neighborhood is very peaceable and kind and trustworthy, I can walk around without guarding myself. I guess it's because in Venezuela we always had to be on guard. It really really really made me feel better knowing that nothing was gonna happen. I'm 14 now, and I can handle it.
Yes, I know, I sound like a baby. If you grew up in a place like Venezuela, you'd understand.
Let's see--what else is happening? Hmm...Ah yeah! I need help! I have a TON of little containers, like one is shaped like a bamboo treasure chest, and another is a silk little box, and each box matches my room PERFECT. But--I don't know what to put in them! As I want to display them cause they are so cute!
And now, my adorable niece has asked me if I wanted to go swimming---HOW can ANYONE say no to that?
BYE!

2 murmurs:

Have fun swimming!

I'm happy for you for not living in Venezuela anymore. I think I'd worry about you constantly. And that's not babyish at all! Seriously.

October 02, 2008 3:14 PM  

Hmph! Ukraine is probably just as safe or safer than paraguay and I'm not allowed outside by myself!
Well if ya need help with math email me it's kopatopie by the way and I gotta go bye!

October 03, 2008 3:43 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home