A Fun Story

At camp's singing competition. A girl was being super mean. And yes, I am a Christian, and I agree completely that we should treat others as we would treat ourselves. But, she was sitting there, in the bench, looking up at me, more like, trying to bore holes in me with her eyes. NOT exaggerating! And, I was doing fine until she looked like she would pin me down and shoot me. I heard from her cabin-mates that she didn't act very Christian. But, you never know. Maybe she just didn't like me or something. Prejudice and wrong, but...I'm 5 foot nothing, and I couldn't beat her up even if I wanted to!
And, when she finally got up to sing, this is what she said:
"Hey everyone! Um, I'm very blessed to sing up here, and to be observed by WONDERFUL judges, and to be able to perform here really is an honor. I believe that God wants me to serve Him by singing. Maybe there is someone here who isn't saved tonight, and I hope and pray that they will accept Jesus, and that I can be God's witness. I hope that what you hear tonight reflects my love of Christ. And I hope that every other contestant, who did too wonderful for words, enjoyed it. And thank you for participating. I really enjoyed every song tonight. I am so blessed to be able to come up here. Let's pray: Thank you, Dear Lord. For this wonderful opportunity to serve you with my gift that you have given me. Please help me to win, if you want me to. And humble me if I don't. In thy name we pray. As I was saying, thank you, wonderful judges. For the honor of singing in your presence. I really hope you take into consideration that I am 15, and haven't been trained. And, my name is _____________. And I'll be singing Via Dolorosa."

She sang alright. After being a total major-league suck-up to the judges, and giving a whole testimony, when all she was supposed to do was say hi my name is stephanie billings and ill be singing via dolorosa and im 15. And she was singing a song, that to Spanish-speakers makes no sense. Observe:
This is the English translation:

Down the via of the roses,
jesus christ ran happily.
And the soldiers hugged Him like He was their friend.
And the crowd pressed in to see,
The man who ran away from Calvary....

DOWN THE VIA! OF THE ROSES!
Jesus Christ made history!
As they tickled,
The savior, on the crooooooooss!

And so on. Does that make ANY sense? No. It's inaccurate. Did the soldiers tickle Jesus? At all? I don't think so. More like poke him to no end. Spear Him. Kick. Spit. All of that. Tickling was not involved.
And it's called the Painful Road. Not the Road of Roses. GEESH!

I was about to explode of laughter. Me and a girl next to me named LopMa had to leave the building. Cause we both were the only ones who actually spoke and understood Spanish.
Once outside, we laughed our hearts out.
Then, we went back inside. And she was going over the chorus, so we had to run BACK outside. We peeped through the window. LoPMa was dying of laughter.
________________ was up there, crying, and showing extreme emotion and a powerful voice and --
WINKING and WAVING at the judges. LOL!

Whaddaya think of THAT?

Okay. So afterwards, even though I didn't really like her, I decided to get past it, pretend she HADN'T glared at me, and congratulate her on her performance.
Me: I just wanted to say that you did really good. Your voice is really powerful. That's my favorite song. So, basically, just--Good Job! *smile through clenched teeth from me to her*
Her: Listen, honey. You're good, too. You have a pretty tone to your voice. BUT--
Me: Thanks. I was like, really nervous.
Her:Don't interrupt me.
Me: Sor-
Her: You're like, totally interrupting me again, hon. Now as I was saying. You aren't good enough. Okay? I'm gonna win. The judges liked me better, you twerp. Okay? I had to be dramatic, because unless I was, you were gonna win. You're enchanting. And I didn't like you. And if you tell ANYONE about this..weell--
Me: Got it.
Her: And, if you took lessons for like --forty years--maybe JUST maybe you'll get as good as me.
Me: Oh? Really? That's too bad...Who would pay that long just to reach your level? *muttered*
Her: Scuse me, hon?
Me: Nothing, gotta go.

She won. I wanted to shout, 'She said that the soldiers tickled Jesus!' but didn't.
I admit, I was kinda sad. But, God will do what He wants.

3 murmurs:

Oh, wow. This girl needs some pointers. Sounds like she either follows religion and not Jesus, needs a refresher course on Christianity in general, or she is TOTALLY ignorant of the Spanish language.

Maybe my latest blog will help you out some. ;)

September 28, 2008 6:16 PM  

She needs to listen to what she's saying! And I don't just mean the bad Spanish.

September 28, 2008 9:27 PM  

I have one thing to say. o.O

September 29, 2008 9:39 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home