Wow..!

I can speak some Gulluh! A language that many South Carolinians and Georgians speak even today!

See, the Black slaves who created this cool language sort of mixed English with African, and hoped for the best. For a long time, it was just considered bad grammar and accent. NO. It is considered a very rare language, that NOT EVERYONE can speak.

See if you can understand this:

Cause God lob all de people een de wol sommuch dat e gii we e onliest Son. God sen we um ain gwine dead. Dey gwine lib faebamo.

I know what it means! Dad has been reading aloud to me from De Nyew Testiment, complete with Gulluh accent!

I'm very interested in learning this AND French, *cough, CHAN, cough, cough, ACHOO, cough*

I think it's because I am an MK, and I have grown accostumed to learning new languages, accents and words. I LOVE it.

I want to learn a BUNCH of languages before I go to college. THAT is my goal. I really want to.
I guess maybe it's because I want everyone else to like learning new languages, and accept other cultures and people who aren't what they seem to be.

So, I just wanted to see if ANY of you can figure it out. Leave a comment if ya can! I'll announce the answer some time soon.
TRY your absolute hardest!!

And, if you don't have the accent right, LEARN it. None of this gringo stuff or Spanish or Russian. It's easier for Americans to learn it, though. Specially people who have DADs who speak 'round the house!

I just love the way it sounds! And Dad says that I am getting there with my accent, and that I have the words and pronunciation down.

I have to go now.

Think about what I've said, and don't forget to participate in Tuesday's post!! GO NOW!!

2 murmurs:

OKIEZ I'll try.
Cause God lob all de people een de wol sommuch dat e gii we e onliest Son. God sen we um ain gwine dead. Dey gwine lib faebamo.
Cause (because. but i like to say cause) God loves all the people in the world so much that he give us his only Son. God sent us him and (GWINE??) dead. They (GWINE LIB FAEBAMO??)
Yep, that's as good as I cin do. xD

September 18, 2008 9:29 AM  

I understood a lot of it. That was fun! It reminded me of the book I read at Aunt Sarah's beach house that first time we went there with y'all. I read the stories in rap fashion!

September 18, 2008 12:18 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home