Hi! Hello! HOW ART THOU?

Hi, whoever you are from Utah! And--And New York. And from New Mexico! And from District of Columbia! And--India!

xD...I sound like that Christmas poem with the reindeer. You know, on dasher, on donnet and
blitzen and yada yada yada...Haha! xD

Hello, people of the world who read my blog! Welcome! Just remember. I can see you, and I know exactly how long you are here. And just WHAT post you look at...Think about THAT!
LOL!

ANYWAY

I'm here to post about my weaknesses. Things that I'm addicted to, and always have been. I will do almost anything (that isn't wrong) for them. If you asked me to jump around like a frog that just drank soda, I'd do it.
If you asked me to climb onto my roof and jump into the freezing cold pool...Yes. I'd do it! Well. No. I'd trick you into giving it to me BEFORE I jump in, and then RUN. FOR. MY. LIFE. That's how I play. :D
Sorry. Off Subject. AHEMZ!
These things I am talking about are:

TERERE and BUTTERSCOTCH CANDIES. And blueberry toaster strudels or pop tarts, but I won't jump into a freezing cold pool for them either. :D
They are my favorite. I will drink TERERE for as long as I want. I recently found out that it's proven to be addicting, so TOO LATE! LOL!
And butterscotch candies...Oh, I love them. They're perfect and sweet and the perfect mixture of hardness and inside, SWEET, GOOEYNESS! I have eaten 15 just today. I'm not kidding or exaggerating. I have. And each time I reach for the yellow bag, which is right beside me as I type this, along with my cold terere, I tell myself:

"Ok. That's enough. Just one more and you're done." How many times does that ACTUALLY WORK, PEOPLE?
...*crickets*...

NONE.

Believe me. I have tried. I have tried extremely hard to actually stop eating them! I can't. And, I don't see anything in the Bible that says anything like:

Thou shalt not eat butterscotch candies

or

And thou shalt not want butterscotch candies.
If you find one, LET. ME. KNOW!

As for the...uh...terere, which is gone now, and I'm gonna go get some more.

*leaves and gets more. Comes back*

It is wonderful. I thought, the first time I saw it, I was like, EW, THAT LOOKS ABSOLUTELY PUTRID! WHAT VILENESS!

What a crazy girl I was. If I went back and saw myself saying that I'd slap myself.
Now I love terere. And the hot version, Mate. For those of you who don't know how to say mate:
(Ma-tay) I don't know the exact actual dictionary meaning, but I know it should say:

MATE (ma-tay): a wonderful, minty sweet herb that is too good to describe in this enormous book.

That's what I'd put. It's just a nice little drink. I got a guampa and a bombilla for my birthday yesterday!
I just need to find a termo so I don't look like I'm carrying around a MAGIC GUAMPA that never gets empty.
GRINGOS/AMERICANS: a guampa is a little cup, and a bombilla is a nice little straw/spoon thing that helps you to drink it without sucking up the herb flour..mix...stuff.
I SHALL FIND OUT WHAT IT IS CALLED SOMETIME SOON! EVENTUALLY! (: Didn't expect THAT little smiley didja? It's backwards! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!:), and a TERMO is a thermos for hot or cold water.
I am drinking terere right now. I love the stuff! It's minty so it cools you down every time you drink it. Mate is boiling-lava hot water with the same herb.
The people here carry their termos and guampas everywhere they go. Like a second purse. They can't live without it. It is considered normal to take your termo and guampa to church on Sunday. It's fine.
It's like me taking the coffee machine everywhere. (Oh, I hate coffee.) Coffee to the doctor! Coffee to the grocery store! Coffee to school! Coffee to church! Coffee to work!
Now replace the 'Coffees' with 'mate' and 'terere' And you'll get the point.
I prefer mate in the morning ANYTIME over coffee.

Well, I think I've kept you long enough. Thanks for reading!

REMEMBER THE RULE:

Leave a comment!

PLEASE, lurkers! Don't lurk! It --scares--me. I want to know who you are! I like hearing your input!!

BYE!

6 murmurs:

Uhhhh... ok... XD

Hey, if I may point out, you don't leave too many comments on MY blog, so... yah.

August 31, 2008 2:44 PM  

Imagine you are stuck under an avalanche with only a sandwich and a snorkel. What do you do?

I try to make a little tiny hole to the surface for the snorkle, eating the crust of said sandwich for energy until I get the hole to the surface.
Then I nibble a bit on the sandwich's edge while using the snorkle to breathe the outside air and waiting for that St. Bernard to arrive with that alcohol stuff they have in their little neck barrels. XD

I was bored... as you can plainly tell.

August 31, 2008 6:21 PM  

Don't worry, Blueh. She doesn't comment on my blog either. Grr. Bad Jayde. Bad.
:D I'm so happy that the first time I saw the word Mate (on your mom's blog) I pronounced it right in my brain! lol!

September 01, 2008 6:24 AM  

LOL. You are hilarious. And very passionate about what you like. I´m so glad you like our TererĂ© and Mate. Me too! Now you have to teach you mom to like it.
Great post! Keep them coming!

September 01, 2008 12:42 PM  

I don't blame you for being addicted at all, you should see me with Ness tea. LOL.

I don't care for coffee either. Actually I'm the only one in my family that doesn't.

Happy birthday by the way.

Later, Jonathan.

September 01, 2008 2:36 PM  

WOW. I missed a lot of posts, sorry.

I'm not on blogger that often and I rarely get a chance to post and comment.

Anyway bye. :-)

September 01, 2008 2:39 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home