I'M GOING INSANE!

I'm about to have a meltdown. Packing makes me this way. "Everything has to go, and if anything is left behind you'll never see it again, so don't forget anything!"
I have routinely scanned my drawers and my dresser for ANYTHING that is mine.
I have clothes stuffed into two suitcases. Mom said to pack a few changes of clothes in another suitcase, so that if our baggage is laid off for a couple of days or I lose my suitcase full of clothes, I'll have a few clothes and shoes.
My suitcases look like they have eaten too much. About to explode. The zippers are practically begging for mercy.
The thing is, I am not a tidy traveler. Things that I want are shoved in wherever they fit, and even if they don't fit, I MAKE them fit. Clothes almost ALWAYS need to be ironed as soon as they are coughed out of the suitcase. Wrinkly, because I always have a meltdown when I have to back for a LOOOONG time.
Let me explain. These are the thoughts that go through my head when I am having a meltdown:
"Ok. That's done."
"NO WAIT! One more thing!"
"ARGH! YOU ARE DRIVING ME UP A TREE, YOU STUPID LITTLE THING THAT REFUSES TO GET IN THAT SUITCASE! STAYINTHERE!"
"Sorry I called you stupid."
"AUGH! I HAVE TO FIT THIS IN SOMEWHERE!"
"Calm down, Jayde..O K!-RELAXING TIME IS OVER!"
"QUICK! GRAB THAT SHIRT!"
"DON'T FORGET YOUR SHOES!"
"OW! WHAT IS THAT HAIRCLIP DOING THERE?"
"FORGET THAT! HURRY UP AND PACK THAT SKIRT! HURRY! YOU'RE GONNA RUN OUT OF TIME BECAUSE...Nothing's gonna happen tonight...BUT STILL HURRY!"
"RELAX! SIT DOWN! CHILL!"
"JUST GRAB IT AND SHOVE IT IN THERE!"
"HEY! WHAT ABOUT THIS? KEEP IT OR GET RID OF IT?"
"WAIT! I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS! JUST PACK IT! NOOOOOW!"

So now you know why I am going nuts. I'm not a neat-freak, but I HATE forgetting things or having to go over something and do it again.
I love to travel, but not pack for travel. Our house here has a rule that before we can leave everything, down to the last hair-piece, MUST be gone from sight. Or shoved under the bed. Well, it doesn't say that in the rules, but that is MY way of playing! :)

Anyways...My mind is telling me to go check about 1,200 more things. So, thanks for reading something that must scare the heebiejeebies out of ya. I'm not like this all the time. Just when I am packing.

BYE!

3 murmurs:

Jayde, you make me giggle! Believe it or not, our brains think alike, especially with packing! I know! Shocker huh, being that we are so different in our tidyness! LOL

I loved seeing you tonight to say good bye. That hug I held onto will have to last me awhile! YOU are very special to me girlie girl! Please always remember how much your Tia Pam loves you.

August 05, 2008 7:07 PM  

I promise I will remember how much you love me. Glad you got a nice chuckle out of it.

Because, quite frankly, it's drivin' me UP THE WALL!

August 05, 2008 8:12 PM  

Aiaiai...
I'm so happy I'm done packing (as in packing to move to another country for a month or more) for a few years...

August 09, 2008 9:25 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home